Pink Hair Don't Care: Blackbibbel__

Colorful hair has always been an on and off trend for the daring in the world of Stardoll, and while everyone seems to be going grey (m...


Colorful hair has always been an on and off trend for the daring in the world of Stardoll, and while everyone seems to be going grey (myself included) there is one doll who just has to go against the grain - and her name is Blackbibbel__. I sat this dolly down for an interview about her style, her views, and her opinions on everything fashion. 

So, let's address the elephant in the room. Why pink when the trending color of Stardoll today is grey? "Well I'd seen this wig in Alechave2.'s bazaar (SHOUTOUT TO HER FOR GREAT WIGS!) and I didnt have enough money at the time so I just waited and sold some things and then I decided that I still loved it so I bought it. But I also I think I'll wear grey eventually because I usually end up caving into the mainstream hype but for now
im loving this!" 

What would your personal style be, if you could put it into words? "A struggling uni girl working with what she has." 


That's such a unique description! If someone was to recreate or emulate your style (or decor) - what are the best places to shop? "I love Bonjour Bizou, It Girls, Sweet Suites, and Transform." 

Who are the inspirations you take into your look? "I love the way Rowan Blanchard carries herself and the way she wears whatever she wants and still manages to look amazing; which I think is a beautiful thing! Her slight accents of color are so pretty. Besides her, Blake Lively who has a great taste, and also Cher (portrayed by Alicia Silverstone) dresses in the film Clueless." 


You mentioned the 'mainstream hype' a little earlier, so what is your opinion on mainstream fashion? "I think it's great at times! I love that a lot of diverse people are signed to high-profile labels, thus creating a wider audience. I love models like Madeleine Stuart and Winnie Harlow. On the other hand though, I think one's own style really makes them unique...but that's not to say I don't also think that mainstream fashion is unique."

Do you think political statements can be made with fashion? Do politics even belong in fashion? "I think that politics do belong in fashion; without it being present cultural appropriation in fashion would be looked at as okay when it's not. I also believe it's there because I believe men and women in the modeling world should be paid and treated equally, because it's a very empowering industry. There are no assigned gender roles and both genders can and should wear whatever the hell they want to." 

In your opinion, are feminism and fashion mutually exclusive?
"I think you need to be a feminist and means believing in the equal rights of the genders if you want to be successful in any industry, whether that means fashion or not."

Blackbibbel__ is an incredible stylist, and a fantastically worded young woman. You can visit her suite here.

prezkarlz // frida


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images