Urban Dictionary defines 'Art Hoe' as a 'Hoe who is mysterious, chill and good at art.' However art hoe was a movement started to get young POC to embrace art and visuals. It's a really astonishing movement and all of the young participants are posting selfies with incredible aesthetics.
This movement was started by the black Tumblr community and belongs to them and the co creator of said movement quotes on their tumblr, "I am completely fine with white people being in the movement because at the end of the day it's still created and ran by POC to empower people." That being said I also agree with all of their other statements and it is so important to note that art hoes are not just skinny white girls. This movement should not be whitewashed or claimed by white people in anyway - and it certainly should not be pressuring youth to look a certain way. The colors associated with art hoes are mustard yellow, bright blue, red, forest green, and other very van gogh-esque colors.For my #OOTD, I have incorporated the mustard yellow factor and mom jeans - two very signature art hoe looks.
I combined this look with a simple, grunge makeup look and filmed it all! Without further ado - here is my #OOTD + Makeup tutorial.
prezkarlz // frida

0 comments