Get the Look: Charli XCX

"You said you wanna bang? Well fuck you, sucker!" Charli XCX screams as the first words of her recent album, Sucker ring ou...


"You said you wanna bang? Well fuck you, sucker!" Charli XCX screams as the first words of her recent album, Sucker ring out into the air. As well as a talented singer-songwriter she also has the best 90s inspired style I've ever seen. Channeling all those Baby Spice vibes with her tiaras, slip dresses, cheerleader uniforms and school girl outfits, she definitely has that 'unique' style nailed down. Because Miss Charlotte Aitchison is one of my biggest inspirations (musically and stylistically) I thought I would bring you another 'Get the Look!'
There's no beauty section for this get the look as it's pointless because of Charli's super simple red lipstick and eyeliner look that doesn't really require an explanation - so let's just jump straight into the Charli XCX inspired outfit. 

One of Charli's staple outfit items are tartan skirts. Charli sticks pretty close to the "dirty girl" grunge vibe with the majority of her outfits. She rarely tries to match anything at all and while I ended up doing that for this outfit with a monochrome color scheme - it isn't a must. I used a lace up one piece paired with a sheer top from The Jet Set. Of course I used the tartan skirt as the center piece of this outfit, and it's only 12 stardollars from Bonjour Bizou. The socks are only available in Starplaza but they are starcoin, and I topped it off with some bulky trash boots from Nelly. The key to rocking a Charli XCX inspired outfit is simple - just disregard everything you know about fashion and wear items you would never typically pair together. Textures and patterns to note would be tartan, hawaiian, camouflage, sheer, tight, and even somethings typically be called sleazy. (Even though that's bullshit and girls can wear whatever they want.)

prezkarlz // frida



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images