LE Release Review

The new LE Release came out this morning at 8:00 am U.S. Eastern time and I was lucky enough to score some of my first picks, and I w...


The new LE Release came out this morning at 8:00 am U.S. Eastern time and I was lucky enough to score some of my first picks, and I walked away with everything I intended to buy.  As lucky as I was, I only bought a few things because in my opinion the collection was a bit weak. 

// The Review //

Style wise - I liked it. The red plastic coat was gorgeous and the aesthetic of all the latex and sheer items was amazing, so I give an A+ to that. However, when I saw everyone freaking out about the white coat I just didn't understand. It looked a bit strange and seemed so unflattering. 

Style // 8/10

The prices were outrageous. Bags were up to 89 stardollars when the usual price is 50-60 for LE bags. Small bags that looked like something purchasable in Bonjour Bizou were priced at 70-90. 

Prices // 4/10

In terms of the graphics...it was okay, but nothing more. A lot of the pieces looked like an amateur designer had threw them together in Stardesign Hair. I was hoping that this LE would look a bit more special than other collections available to non superstars...and it just wasn't. I could have easily bought half of the things in Fallen Angel for a third of the price. 

Graphics // 6/10 


I did enjoy the fact that the LE bag came with it, but the LE brooch that also came with purchases was so small I almost didn't see it. It's enlargeable though, so that is a plus. Both of the mentioned items come free with any LE purchase for this release. I was disappointed that the LE black logo bag wasn't free...it was very shabbily designed and it costed about 80 stardollars. So if you're feeling overcharged, you're not alone. Some of the items that sold out in minutes were a little confusing for me - like why the hideous grey dress would sell so quickly is beyond me. So is the clear plastic shirt, it's not anything special. I didn't end up bothering with any of the shoes as they were all 80-90 stardollars. They were very stylish, chic, and well designed - just way too expensive for a pair of shoes. Another thing I didn't quite understand was why the oddly layered coats were so abundant throughout the collection. They were folded a bit unflatteringly, and made my doll look very frumpy when I went to try them on. But for every frumpy coat there was a beautifully designed dress, and those were one of my favorite aspects. I especially loved the woven white tank mini dress, it was just so simple but chic and elegant at the same time. 

Now for my haul...


I bought the white tank mini dress, the LE chrome logo necklace, the bodysuit, and the body chain. My total came to around 200 stardollars, which I think is a really good amount to spend on LE, especially if your items are as few as mine. The items I bought were fairly easy to style, and I came up with outfits for them almost immediately after I bought them. The LE collection goes extremely well with the January 2015 Chanel Tribute, which is still one of my favorites. They also match very, very well with some of the iconic subcouture pieces such as the big, puffy coat my doll sports to the right. The items I bought are definitely very versatile and almost anyone can wear them and fit them into their own unique style. The bag and brooch that came with the purchase of them are also very nice to add to your suite as a lovely piece of decor, but the brooch could definitely be pinned to a coat and look very chic and stylish. 

must have: woven monochrome tank
stay away: built in heels denim 


What did you think of this LE release?

prezkarlz // frida




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images