fashion
Trailer Trash Chic
3:48 PM
Trailer trash chic, or 'trailer glam' is a style that's been largely popularized after Lana Del Rey's short film, Tropico debuted in 2013. Ever since then, the romanticization of trash America has been booming. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't enjoying this oddly charming subculture.

So let's bring it back to the basics. In her film Tropico, Del Rey stars as stripper in a relationship with a local gang member as she finds herself debating the difference between good and evil. Between scenes, she flips through a Virgin Mary costume, red lingerie, and a typical 'American trash' type outfit composed of knee socks, ill-fitting daisy dukes and a too-short tied shirt. For my recreation of these looks, I tried to combine every outfit into one big trashy mess. (Excuse my poorly placed coat.) With this look I combined YSL Tribute's luxurious faux fur coat, stockings from evil panda, mixed with basics bra and underwear. This look basically commands all eyes on it's wearer, with it's peculiar pieces and large amount of skin.
The film itself is X Rated, but a much watch nonetheless. Each shot bombards you with aesthetic nightmares and landscapes, begging you to keep watching. Del Rey's monologues are enticing, laced with strong 'lost innocence' undertones.
prezkarlz // frida

0 comments