Grimes aka Claire Boucher is a singer-songwriter from Canada who also happens to have one of the most eccentric styles of today. Her style seems to be influenced by a nineties version of Gwen Stefani and a little bit of a thrift store vibe.

She even has a particular stylization that demands a Lisa Frank type look. Not quite bindi, but more of a face stickers type of look. I went for this look with the Amethyst Bindi from Splendid, however I am not fond of the use of a bindi as a fashion accessory and for lack of a better option I used it in this style. I created a brow bone collage of jewels, studs and stickers much like Grimes did in the reference photo. Topping it off with purple eyeshadow and glitter, the cost of this beauty look turns out to be 20 stardollars even, and 40 starcoins. The look could be more, depending on if you would like to add eyelash extensions, which bumped my look up to 70 starcoins.
In terms of Grimes' fashion sense, it's all over the place - in a good way. Something about it screams nineties rapper and other aspects seem to put off more elegant vibes.

Here she sports an all black ensemble that matches the vibe of her music - eerie and creepy yet imaginative and playful. For the recreation of this sort of look - I went to town with the layering. Starting with stockings and overalls, I stacked a total of three shirts on top before adding my ever so versatile Chanel ripped wool coat. I accessorised this look with a grid clutch and 'Trash Boots' from Nelly. The total cost of this outfit is a whopping 145 stardollars and 20 starcoins. However, many of these items are from the bazaar and that has an effect on the price. If you're able to find these items for less, lucky you.
Grimes continues to be a style icon for me as the days go by, so tell me what you think of her fashion choices.
prezkarlz // frida


0 comments