I've seen a lot of Stardoll users complain about the neutralization of the colors in every store in the plaza. While I do love to wear neutrals and monochromes, I decided to try out color blocking. Color Blocking is the act of taking complementary or colors on the opposite side of the color wheel, and pairing them together in a stacking fashion.
You can pick up a lot of starcoin items to use for this kind look in the 'hidden' Mega Bloks Barbie store. It sounds tacky - and it is...but it's great for color blocking.
For this post, I've put together three relatively cheap outfits.
Outfit One - This is the most elegant of the three. For the first outfit, I took items that are entirely starcoin to block these colors. I used a color scheme of only bright lime green and black. The 'dress' is made of a Fallen Angel tank top and a Basics Skirt - both available in starcoins. The layered top and shoes are both special offer times from around 2012...which I'm sure you could get exact if not similar items in the Bazaar.
Outfit Two - The third outfit reminds me of work attire. The dress I used is also entirely starcoins! I've used a collared shirt from the bazaar under a violet Basics dress and a Mega Bloks Barbie teal shirt. I blocked the colors off by belting it with a black starcoin belt. I paired this with nude pumps, an iridescent coat from PPQ, and the original Chanel Karl Who? canvas bag.
Outfit Three - What I've put together for the third outfit is the most casual of all. It reminds me of a playsuit a toddler would wear! I've used the same collared shirt and Mega Bloks Barbie top paired with a pair of orange-red tailored shorts from Rio Chicas. I layered a distressed jean jacket over it and paired it with childish tube socks and sneakers.
I encourage all of you to try color blocking - it's a really cool style in my opinion!
prezkarlz // frida


0 comments