Get the Look: Kali Uchis

Kali Uchis, deemed the 'Sober Amy Winehouse' by many of her Youtube adorers, is a columbian singer raised in Virginia of the Unit...

Kali Uchis, deemed the 'Sober Amy Winehouse' by many of her Youtube adorers, is a columbian singer raised in Virginia of the United States. Her style is a very unique one, something I would personally describe as fifties house wife meets junkie queen. She's got the ability and talent to transform styles and blend them fluidly together which I admire greatly. 

Kali has a consant, and stable makeup routine. Bold eyes, and big lips. For my recreation of her makeup (not her facial structure) I followed one of her more simple routines. Full top winged eyeliner, and big dolly eyelashes over top of a hefty coat of white eyeshadow. I layered two lips on top of each other to create a bright, pouty look for the lips. I pulled this look together with a light contour and dewy skin finish. Optionally, you can add a mole on your cheek as shown in the picture to left, and/or adorn your face and neck with traditionally girly accessories like lace and sunglasses.

Her accessories are usually something along the lines of sunglasses (sometimes two pairs at a time), chunky rings, and chokers of all kinds. Anything lace or floral is also a safe bet for this look. 


As stated before, if personally I had to describe Kali's style, I'd call it fifties housewife meets junkie. However, her style is far more elaborate than that. She takes inspiration from all eras of fashion and combines it into an angelic, teenage dream type look. 

For the outfit, I totally channeled my inner fifties mom with the top I used, and added a bit of a sixties vibe with the skirt. The tattoos and trainers give it a little bit of edge, similar to Kali's style. The top and shoes from this outfit are both in starcoins, making this outfit incredibly affordable. The items are from Original Future and Wild Candy. Tattoos from the vintage collection of Ink'd pair so nicely with this outfit such as the tattoo on my left thigh and are great for recreating Kali's style. While styling this outfit, I recognized a similarity between the styles of Kali and Lil Debbie, with something I'd describe at 'gangster glam.' It's a really achievable style, and the best way to go about this is pairing traditionally feminine items (lace, flowers, skirts, and blouses) with things such as tattoos and piercings.

prezkarlz // frida



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images