fashion
Normcore: When It's OK to look Like Jerry Seinfeld
11:11 AM
It's 2016, and this point I don't know if the normcore trend of mid 2015 is even fashionably legal at this point. However, that doesn't mean I don't enjoy the bizarre trend of looking like Jerry Seinfeld and calling it the future of fashion. I'm actually it's number one fan. When it started popping up around April of last year, I was the first to buy those oversized mom jeans that are so essential to the look. The thing about Normcore is that it's supposed to be easy to achieve. Kiss your Louboutins goodbye and swap them for a pair of white tennis shoes, and you're ready to go.
Normcore is not anything special. It's blues, whites, greys, and beiges. Neutral tones are what make the look it's own. For my Stardoll recreation, I bought a stanchion shirt from Mr. and paired that with 70s inspired Bonjour Bizou mom jeans. Both the accessorizing grey waist sweater and the white tennis shoes are from Original Future. The shoes and shirt used for this outfit are in Starcoins, however the rest is Stardollars. If you don't want to fork out so much money for your pants, basics has some nice white and blue ones available.For normcore, stay away from materials like leather and silk as the entire point of this look is to appear 'unpretentious.' Patterns are also a bad idea, but stripes are an exception - especially if the stripes are black and white.
prezkarlz // frida

0 comments