fashion
Get Weird: My Style + Fashion Inspirations
11:33 AMFor the longest time I've been putting off this article as it's a bit "basic" of me...but in the end, who even cares? I feel like if you're reading this blog you're here for my style! So...why not make it an article?
Today I'll be going through and describing my style and letting you know who some of my biggest fashion inspirations are!
s t y l e
I'd categorize my style as something like "old lady grunge meets barbie scene girl from 2004." I love florals, pinks, beiges, and all other traditionally grandma clothing types. Layering comes into play with the more grunge part of my style. I like to keep it true to grunge with comfy layers and ugly, baggy clothes. Of course you can always catch me in chokers and pink, shiny, cheap materials so I think the barbie scene girl analogy speaks for itself.
I love florals, but I think I already said that. I'm also a total sucker for anything cow printed or tartan. Silk is something I'd die for, as well as anything sheer that allows for nipples to show through.
Mom jeans are an essential item in my closet, my Stardoll wardrobe must have at least four pairs. Other staple items of mine are bodycon dresses, turtle necks, high waisted shorts, and ugly tee-shirts...but the one thing almost everyone knows about my style is that I must have a bag. Bags on Stardoll are my weakness, and the more obnoxious looking - the better. Giant Birkin inspired (Looking at you - Ashley Bag) and hot pink freebie purses from when I signed up with Barbie are two of my favorite bags in my collection. Nelly also has a lot of good purses, if you're not willing to fork out any more for an overpriced Callie's Picks Birkin.
i n s p i r a t i o n s
I look for inspiration for my outfits in everything. Some of my favorite outfits are based around songs, weather, dead flowers, and deer. I love looking delicate yet unafraid when I style myself.
As for people - I have quite a few...
Kendall Jenner
Contrary to popular belief I think Kendall is a great model. I love a lot of the sheer pieces in her closet as well as things such as leather pants. She's a modern Kate Moss, at least to me.
Winona Ryder
Winona is my style idol, especially in the 80s. I love her grungey, comfortable outfits. Baggy denim and primary colors are things I love. Her neutral makeup looks paired with boyish outfits are something I strive to do more confidently.
Nicole Dollanganger
I started listening to Nicole Dollanganger in late 2014. It's been quite the journey to see her come so far to where she is now! Her style incorporates a lot of silk, lace, and other feminine things but also
has it's dark sides combining mesh tights and latex.
Jade from Bratz
When I think early 2000's...Bratz is one of the first things I think of. I played Bratz with my sister so often as a child, and Jade was always my favorite. Her edgy style with tacky pieces like school girl styled skirts paired with studded ball-caps is what I look up to.
Lux Libson
Lux is a character from the 2001 movie, The Virgin Suicides. It's set in the nineteen seventies, and while that's my least favorite fashion era...I find myself absolutely smitten with her style. Flowy yet revealing items, feminine yet fatal confidence.
Drew Barrymore
This is a quite obvious one - but she's honestly got the best style! I love her denim on denim, lacy bralettes, high waisted shorts, and of course her signature nineties makeup.
prezkarlz // frida

0 comments